Mommy and Me of Englewood is proud to serve our youngest population of mothers, teenage moms. According to the Center for Disease Control, over 197, 000 babies were born to teenage mothers between the ages of 15 and 19 years old in the United States of America. According to the National Council of State Legislation, less than half of the teenage mothers who keep their children, will have a high school diploma by the time they are 22 years old. Even more disturbing is that teenage mothers are more likely to depend on public assistance, have low achieving children who are more likely to end up incarcerated, and have more dealing with child protective services than moms over the age of 22. This is simply because of lack of knowledge and support. At Mommy and Me of Englewood, it has become our mission to provide the tools necessary to help Teenage mothers find success. We have created a class that is:
- Free for expectant and teen mothers between the ages of 15 and 19 years old.
- Is a chance for teen mothers to bond and create a network of friends with other moms.
- Teaches young mothers how to interact with their young child.
- Provides skills and information about basic care for infants
- Helps with Schooling, resume building, and job searches
- Provides an opportunity for teen moms to feel safe to express anxieties and hardships.
This class was designed to support teen mothers. This class is free and is Mommy and Me of Englewood’s chance to give back and provide help to all children in need. You must call and pre-register for this class to attend. We look forward to meeting you at our Englewood Location!